Who is Renewable Bamboo
|Biomass Corporation||Oprins Group||R&S Tissue Culture Lab|
What we do ...
- Hortus Capensis is plant producer specialized in bamboo from tissue culture, we harden them off to prior to delivering to clients for plantations.
- Together with our partners and parent company offers consultancy services related to bamboo.
Why Harden off the plants?
TC3 stage plants are too sensitive
- From sterile enviromet
Lab Green House
Lab Green House Production
Planting the TC Stage 3
Seedling Trays ready to be planted under shade
Plugs are planted into bags under Shadecloth
Baged plants ready for planting
Tissue Cultured Bamboos:
Vigorous plants with a well developed Root System
- Our elite bamboos have a much higher chance of successful establishment and of giving a higher yield per hectare compared to traditionally propagated plants that are not subjected to a rigorous selection process.
- The use of small but vigorous TC planting material also had an added logistical advantage, particularly for facilitating transport to the field at reduced costs.
Innovations for Commercial Production
|- The plants are not genetically modified.
- The scientific intervention is restricted to:
|The Importance of Mother Plant Selection
- Tissue Cultured Bamboo
- True-to-type plants
- Vigorous growers
- Smaller planting materials
- Available in large quantities
- Better field establishment
- Better performance & higher yield
Bamboo in South Africa: Eastern Cape
Bamboo Species with Potential for South Africa
Plantation on marginal land in Indonesia
Lines & Holes
|Back||Back to top|